Tuesday, April 5, 2011

This One is For You Mrs. Bryan


Last Thursday morning all the first grade students at Tanglewood Elementary danced and sung their little heats out at their school performance.  David always gets a little embarrassed at these kinds of things but he did great shaking his maracas and singing.

When I was in first grade we had a similar performance where we sang songs like John Denver's "Thank God, I'm a Country Boy."  Mrs. Bryan, my teacher, orchestrated cotton eyed joe dancing and guitar picking. 

Times have changed, but first graders remain pretty cool kids!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Summer! This looks so familiar . . . except for the Smart Board in the background! :) I'm sure these little cowboys and cowgirls did a great job! Just look at their faces! :) I can almost detect their personalities by their stances and expressions! What fun . . . and these memories are far more meaningful than TEKS, TAKS and testing!!! :) Thank you so much for sharing; and, by the way, I think David would make a great John Denver! :) Love you lots! TB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I didn't know there was a program!

    ReplyDelete