Since the time my brother Keith was little, he said he wanted to work in politics. And, he has done just that! He hit the big time in his Texas A&M days working for Bush 41 (as he is known by those in the know). Then after college he was off to New York City to work at the Republican National Convention. And then, the ultimate, the White House! Sad to say after Obama took office, all good Republicans were kicked to the curb, but Keith wanted to remain in D.C. so he took a job with the Wounded Warrior Project.
During all this time, he provided our family with some fun hook-ups like personal tours of Air Force One, the White House and even the White House Christmas Party.
Here the Hensley clan is in the Oval Office!
The President was very friendly. He talked about his love of Texas and serving the country.
See Mr. President checking out my baby bump. He told me good work being fruitful and multiplying.
So yesterday when Laura Bush came to Fort Worth for her book signing at the Barnes and Noble in University Village, Adam and I were in the VIP line courtesy of Keith, of course. Mrs. Bush was gracious and radiant and signed my book.
And if you think all this is cool, my other brother Robb is a FBI agent!











Whoa! That's all amazing!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Summer! I'm so glad that you and your family had this opportunity. George W was always a President that Ron and I wanted to meet, as well as Ronald Reagan. Ron's mom always told him that she named him after Ronald Reagan. Of course, he was a movie star back then! TB :)
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing! How fun. I've heard the same thing, that both George & Laura were so gracious. Wish I had such fun connections :)
ReplyDelete