Thursday, May 19, 2011
Smell the Air
The other night at the ballpark, I was tending to Adam, wiping his mouth and hands from the blow pop that made its way all over him. I noticed a man in his early fifties looking at us and smiling. I thought maybe he was a relative of somebody on our team coming to watch the game. I went about chasing Adam when I caught his eye again. He said, "I know you, we live in the neighborhood and I have seen your boys playing ball in the front yard many times while I am walking my dog." He later went on to say he was president of University Little League back in the early nineties when his children played ball. In the few moments he was there, he witnessed Colton hit one over the fence and the cheering of the boys on our team as he rounded home. Knowing how fast time flies and how great these moments are missed, I suppose he likes to drop by the fields from time to time. I too will miss this and someday want to stop by the ballpark and smell the air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great story, Summer! It makes me want to be at the ballpark too! TB :)
ReplyDeleteI have the same thoughts all the time. I've had so many people tell me these are the golden years. I'm trying to cherish it the best I can.
ReplyDelete