I feel like this picture illustrates a Paul Harvey now you know the rest of the story kind of story....
This is my brother Keith fist bumping the President of the United States this past Wednesday. He was working a Wounded Warrior ride in D.C. and President was in attendance. Keith was kneeling down to fix something on his bike when he looked up and the President was standing over him. He stood up to greet him and apologized and said his hand was greasy from his bike and so the President gave him a fist bump instead of a hand shake.
This Associated Press picture would have made it to the comic section of every paper in America if not for a great plastic surgeon in Florida. Keith's left ear pictured above and fully intact at one point was hanging on by a thread in a bar in Miami and he wasn't even drinking! He along with my mother and I have a crazy fainting problem. The sight or talk of needles make us all woozy. The smell of rubbing alcohol makes me light headed. Up until childbirth, I fainted every time I gave blood. I fainted when I got my ears pierced and the worse was the time I fainted in Calculus (can't remember now how needles involved math). And Keith is ten times worse. He fainted in a movie, at countless doctors visits, and a restaurant where he face planted into his dinner plate. Up until the ear incident, he had not sustained any major injuries. So when he fainted and fell back and hit the side of his head on the very sharp corner of a bar table, it nearly took his ear off.
And now you know the rest of the story.

Is he the one that was at the soccer game a couple weeks ago? I love this picture!
ReplyDeleteNice picture and great story! I don't think I knew about your fainting spells.
ReplyDeleteI don't all out faint my knees just give out and I hit the floor. :)