Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Good Read

When I can, I love to read.  I rarely read fiction, but I love anything.  My favorite read is a cookbook with pictures!  Apparently, David likes reading too. 

So lately, I have been reading a lot about nutrition.  There are so many conflicting and compelling points of view.  One thing for certain, artificial and processed foods are never good for you, hence, I have been trying to rid the pantry of high fructose corn syrup, trans fat and food colorings.  So Ryan asked me today, "Is bread good for you?"

"Kind of," I replied.  Thinking to myself, it depends on what book you read or what pyramid you follow. 

"Well God ate bread and fish," he said.  Why does it all have to be confusing?  The habits my boys form now, will be lifelong.  For the record, I am trying to feed them good foods to eat.  I will continue to read and experiment and remember that moderation is key.


Let your moderation be known unto all men.  The Lord is at hand. 
Philippians 4:5

1 comment:

  1. Food and nutrition is soooo confusing. I am working on eating all fresh foods. It seems like it should be so easy right? but it really is a lot harder than it seems.

    ReplyDelete