Thursday, October 28, 2010

Smells Like Tortilla Soup

Tonight I made tortilla soup.  This may sound insignificant, but the conditions have to be just right for this soup.  There has to be a chill of fall in the air.  And you must share this meal with friends and family.  I first made this soup in college when my way to Brandon's heart was through his stomach.  He fell in love with me and my soup.

Back in our early days of marriage when we lived in Waco, Brandon's youngest brother would walk in our door and say, "it smells like tortilla soup in here."  It used to embarrass me, because sometimes I wouldn't have anything cooking and I wondered if my house just permanently smelled like onions and chicken.  

This soup is cheap, easy and brings backs the best memories!

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a chill in the air. I'll have to make it soon! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer, I always loved coming over to babysit and finding your tortilla soup in the fridge!!! It's the best :)

    ReplyDelete