Brandon and I are in a small group Bible study that meets once a week and we just kicked off our fall campaign with a new study called Faith in Action. Our call to action this week was to help a neighbor in need. I knew driving in Fort Worth I might see a homeless person on the street or a stranded motorist or something like that and I would purposefully stop and help. Funny, I didn't see that this week, a chance to help a stranger. However, as I reflected on the question who is my neighbor, I realized I can and do help my friends and family.
Although everyday is different, this is what my day was like yesterday....
First, my friend "A" called and asked if she could borrow 3 eight inch cake pans. Yes, no problem. Later, my neighbor friend "M" called and asked if she could borrow some lettuce to make a salad for her grandmother to eat for lunch. She was planning to take her grandmother out to eat, but the transmission in her car was failing so she hated to get out and drive. So I said she could borrow my car to take her grandmother home after their lunch at home together. So "M" came over after lunch to get the car, but not before I had to run and get Ryan and his buddy at school. "M" stayed with Adam while he was taking his nap. Then she went off with her grandmother and planned to get David and her boys from school on the way home. But, she had to call a friend to make arrangements in case she was running late to pick up our boys from school as a back up plan. So then my friend "O" calls and asks if I can take her son to soccer practice and she will meet us at practice later. Her nanny would be dropping off her son at our house shortly. Then friend "H", who had texted me earlier in the day about a ride for her son to soccer calls to say he no longer needs a ride and she will see me at soccer later too. Then "M" returns home with David and car. We load up and take Ryan, David and two buddies to soccer. During practice, I am asked by friend "N" and friend "C" if I can watch their older kids while they run a quick errand and they will be right back. Sure, no trouble. Then as we are leaving soccer, friend "T" calls and asks if we can take and pick up her son to David's soccer practice at 6:00. Sure, no problem. Then, Dana (mother-in-law) calls and asks if I can meet her at Central Market at 5:30 to pick up somethings she has for the boys. Sure, no problem, I think. Ryan's soccer is over and off we go to David's soccer practice, but not before I drive past my friends "K" house to check her mailbox since she is out of town for the week. We pick up David's friend and I order dinner for Pappasitos (half price fajitas on Wednesday night). Then, Dana calls and says she does not have time to meet at Central Market, but that she would stop by later in the night. We pick up David's buddy for soccer and get on our way to practice. Then Brandon calls and says he won't be at practice but he can pick up dinner on his way home from work. Check that off the list. Practice is over and we take David's buddy home and head home ourselves. Dinner, bath, math homework, read a book, clean up and call it a night for the boys. Dana and Scott make a quick appearance to drop off some stuff and then off to bed ourselves.
And as Ryan reminds me, God is holding us right now. Thank you God for doing me that favor!
No comments:
Post a Comment