Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Great Wolf Lodge

David's birthday is around the corner and it's getting trickier every year to plan and execute a great party for him.  This year I might have topped myself, and I did nothing but show up.  David invited two friends and Ryan and we headed to Great Wolf Lodge (thanks for the gift certificate Granddad and Marymom) for Sunday and Monday (thanks for the holiday Columbus).


The main attraction is the indoor water park.  Genius!  It was quite the place, perfect for kids and somewhat of a beating for adults.  We stayed in a kids suite complete with cabin style bunk beds and on demand kids movies.


Of course, there are a lot of ways to drop cash fast, like the arcade, airbrush tattoos and ice cream.  The highlight was when David hit the monster jackpot on a game and received over 1,200 tickets.  With that, he cashed in and bought three angry bird balls and a smurf.



I am thankful for the love of David's sweet friends and his brother.  Although he cannot fully appreciate that gift now, I pray he will one day look back and cherish times with his best buds!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I bet they had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! We have a Great Wolf Lodge about 20 minutes from us but I have never been? Looks like we need to check into it!

    ReplyDelete