Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Has Sprung



Who can remember last week snow day with weather like this?  Ryan said it was a sunscreen day!  So yesterday, I seized the opportunity to take Ryan and Adam to the zoo. 

It was a day right out of the movie "Bambi" at the zoo.  You know the scene where it's been winter for so long and then spring comes around and all the flowers are in bloom and the boy and girl animals are taking note of each other.  No kidding, that's what we witnessed.

 First, the goldfish.
 Here is the beautiful lioness, feeling a little lonely. 
 She decides to get up.
 She nudges, but no luck waking the lion.
 Then, she decides to nestle in beside him.
 She talks to him and paws him.
 She's feeling frustrated because he is still fast asleep.
She thinks to herself, this guy is a dud. 
 Don't think the macaws don't have feelings. 
 And by the time we got to the penguins, it was beginning to get hilarious. 
Okay, can you stand it?  The flamingos were feeling frisky too!

In all the times I have been to the zoo, never have I seen so much action!

1 comment:

  1. That is pretty impressive, but it doesn't beat an uncomfortable moment when we intruded on some bears trying to be romantic. I got an eyeful that day.

    ReplyDelete