David had his first oral presentation at school today. Mrs. Walker gave her students the assignment of creating a presentation with 4-5 facts about the student to be given orally in front of the class. She asked the project contain the student's best handwriting and artwork and not be done by the parents. David was less than excited about the task! I was surprised because he is creative and likes to excel in school. So, getting this thing done was a chore!
Mrs. Walker wanted the project to be displayed in a creative manner like a book or poem or something fun. After brainstorming with David we thought of a baseball theme presentation. He came of with five facts and drew pictures to correspond with each fact. Then, we went to Michael's to buy the poster board and construction paper for his project. We planned to make a baseball diamond with bases, home plate and mound that contained his facts.
Brandon and I sat around the table and helped him with the display and listened as he practiced his speech. It was a family affair! He talked about his family, his first birthday, our recent family vacation, his love of sports and his love of God/church. I wondered how the last fact would go over in public school, but I was proud of him for thinking to include it.
But all you really need to know about David is he never stops. The kid has more energy than I think humanly possible, he wears me out everyday. He is never tired. He kicks, throws, jumps, bounces, pinches, squeezes, skips, swings, climbs and dives all the day. He would outlast the Energizer Bunny.
No comments:
Post a Comment