Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby Bed

Poor Ryan.  The kid is 97% in height and weight and has slept in a toddler bed for years.  He wants to sleep in David's room but not in David's bed, so a toddler bed at the foot of David's was the best compromise.  The idea of sleeping apart upsets them both.  David is a scaredy cat and Ryan likes the company and therefore, sharing a room has been perfect for the two.

Now that we are listing our house for sale, we took the toddler bed out to make the room appear larger.  Ryan cried and we consoled, but we had to do it.  Meanwhile, we are having bed issues with Adam.  Mainly, he jumps out of his bed at will.  That means battles at nap time and war at bedtime. 

I am startled in the morning when he wakes up and walks in to wherever we are and says, "hi-morning."  (and as a side note, I used to say "hi-lo").  I am still used to having to get him out of his bed.  The baby bed days are drawing near, after eight years with one up, I am not sure if I can stand it down.

Here is a picture of my brother and Brandon putting the bed together.  It was like an Aggie joke, how many does it take?


And what's even funnier is that after what seemed like an eternity to construct, we had to tear down and rebuild because it would not fit through the baby room door.  Oh, the memories!

1 comment:

  1. That is very funny about building it outside the room. I feel like that happened to us at some point :)

    ReplyDelete