Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Put on Love

Brandon's youngest brother Russell is getting married this weekend in Waco.  I have been to Dillards what feels like a hundred times getting clothes for the the boys and myself for the weekend of festivities.  However my focus has been all wrong...it's not about the clothes. 

Kate, my sister-in-law (to be) asked that I read at their wedding Colossians 3:12-17.  When I read it today, I was convicted by the very first sentence.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13

There it is, I need to clothe myself with these virtues.  I will never get dressed the same again.  And the last part is even better....

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. 

So we are going to look our best this weekend by putting on love!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that!! We all worry way too much about insignificant things until we stop and take a moment to hear His truth.

    The best thing you can do as a mother is to set a good example for your children and you, my friend, are doing just that. Love that scripture and can't wait to hear you read it at the wedding.

    Deanna

    btw, thanks for helping me with my clothes last night and for helping me remember to clothe myself with God's virtues.

    ReplyDelete